If you and your family or friends need a private, quiet, peaceful breakaway then Kokopelli is just the place for you.
Kokopelli is on the farm Buffelsfontein, 25 kilometres from Magaliesburg and 40 kilometres from Rustenburg. It lies in the Bankenveld, which is on the transition between the Bushveld and the Highveld. Here life is simple and allows you to unwind, enjoying peace and tranquillity. There is still small buck, baboons, porcupines, monkeys, rabbits and a variety of bird species on the farm.
Kokopelli offers three self-catering cottages and a farm house, sleeping 19 guests in total.
Children of all ages are welcome to stay at Kokopelli.
Cleaning service is available on request.
Things to do
1. Hike into the kloof to enjoy some stunning views, find the "cove" or a spot on a rock to have a picnic. Follow the path down the kloof along a little stream flowing through indigenous forest. Hike onto the bigger mountain to discover some the ancient stone circles, which historians believe could possibly be of early Iron Age settlements or later Tswana settlements.
2. Cool down in the farm reservoir. Suntan and relax on the walls, enjoy the lovely view while having a sun-downer.
3. Bring your bike along for a ride on the farm and its surrounding roads.
4. Enjoy the abundant bird life.
5. Our hiking trails are fairly short. There are some easy walks for the not-so-fit. Click here to view the map of the trails.
6. Enjoy a relaxing/rejuvenating massage by Maria (072 359 4313).
Please note - Access to the farm is not suitable for low-profile vehicles, but normal city cars are fine if you drive carefully and slowly.